Doing basic quick refurb on Silver B

Well I have to say for a 23 yo grill it was in awfully good shape. Filthy but once scraped out, sprayed down with Member's Mark Grill cleaner and hosed out, it came out awfully well. I installed a stainless steel carriage bolt through the left side frame (I went slightly larger than stock) so I drilled out the frame slightly, the firebox fit it perfectly, Used an impact driver to pull the bold head into the frame. Looks like it was made that way

Looks great Larry. I love those older stainless grates. Believe I still have a pair laying around somewhere.
Classic for sure
I have another set of them as well (though used). He decided he wants me to install rotisserie on it. But asked if anything else can be cooked while spinning. Which of course on those, not really possible. Though if one grate is cut down to about 2/3 or 1/2 size yes. So I am going to cut down one of the old grates I have as well, so once the rotisserie is on it some grate level cooking can still be done

Oh, I hear ya Larry. They were selling those grates a few years ago at HD in the fall for like $30 a set. I have one set that Jon was kind enough to give me and I am putting them on a rehab I am doing currently. My buyer in a round about way requested them and just lucky Jon had given me that set a few weeks ago. When they were on sale, I had picked up a few sets and just put them in my rehabs occassionaly, but buyers never really knew what they were all about. I think it is an idea that Weber started to boost sales of accessories for the system, but I don't think it really every took off like they had hoped. The grates themselves are good quality however and can be used just like regular grates. Just a paint to clean probably.

Wow! Nice work! That brings back memories, I had that exact model, same shelves, everything, except red cover (I prolly got it at Ace). I had it for 18 years when I (stupidly) gave it away and got a Saber Infrared, which I always hated. Now on to an Ace SA-E-330, probably the last grill I'll ever buy, the way they're made.

He should be really happy with that present, if he's an outdoor cook. Even if he's not a Weber church member. :D

I have another set of them as well (though used). He decided he wants me to install rotisserie on it. But asked if anything else can be cooked while spinning. Which of course on those, not really possible. Though if one grate is cut down to about 2/3 or 1/2 size yes. So I am going to cut down one of the old grates I have as well, so once the rotisserie is on it some grate level cooking can still be done
Good idea cutting one grate down. I might do that on my 1000 which is now dedicated to rotisserie cooks.

BTW, I have the only fire roti. Bought it from Amazon warehouse. It was a damaged box return. Cut about $20 off the price of new.

Edit. Current warehouse deals aren't very good. This is the roti I bought for my silver B and moved it to my 1000.

onlyfire Stainless Steel BBQ Rotisserie Kit for Weber Genesis 310/330, Spirit 310/330 Series Gas Grills - 3/8" Square Spit Rod https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014419I7G/?tag=tvwb-20

I actually have a true Weber rotisserie I bought from Bruce a number of years back since I had given the original I had to son in law with my original Genesis. Now, for spinning (if I even bother anymore thanks to the Wolf) but even that I don't even bother setting up since the pellet grills do an even better job of doing a whole yard bird than the gas grills and spinners. So since he said he would like the spinner for the one I am giving him it's not an issue for me since I won't have a Genesis anymore unless I end up with my dad's old 2000/3000 after we get him moved in to the new place. Though I have no space for it. Hoping my sister will want it

Well got the grill over there today. Wouldn't ya know? Pulling it outta the Highlander and one of the XMember inserts let loose. Thankfully Chris has that list of things here. Found the parts, ordered a pack. I'll just slap one of those bad boys in there

Well got the grill over there today. Wouldn't ya know? Pulling it outta the Highlander and one of the XMember inserts let loose. Thankfully Chris has that list of things here. Found the parts, ordered a pack. I'll just slap one of those bad boys in there
The one on the other side may go when you unbolt the crossmember to replace the bad one. Also don't be surprised if the bolts disintegrate. I'm not saying it's going to happen, just that it might.

Back