Doing a chuck roast on the rotisserie this weekend!

Nick Carter

TVWBB Member
Hi guys! After doing several VERY SUCCESSFUL pork loins and gyro meat logs on my rottiserie, I have decided to do a nice big chuck roast on it this weekend! I am wanting to do an ijectable marinade and then going to put Wolfe Bold on the outside.

Here is my planned marinade recipe
worstteshire (sp lol)
white vinegar
minced garlic
small amount of cayenne
veggie oil

I am going to let it sit over night and then strain it so i can inject it. Anything I should add? Any other tips?

I will post pics! I also have TONS of cook pics saved that I have been meaning to post!

Are you going to use a meat netting?

Doesn't Chuck Roast tend to fall apart as it gets done? If so, what's to keep it on the spit?

Yeah Travis, that has been a concern. You guys think this will be a problem?

Clint- BUILD EM!
icon_smile.gif
I use a variation of the alton brown recipe. Thats one of the cooks Ive been meaning to post. IIRC though, the pics suck because my phone was acting up that night

Havent done it rotis-style but i think it will be just fine without anything.

If u wanna feel a bit more secure then bind it with 1-2" apart,wont hurt anyway.

Bless

Right, bind it with butcher's twine/cooking string.

I know you can buy meat netting online. Maybe your local butcher will net it for you?

Hmmm ... do you have a rotisserie basket?

No, I dont have a basket. Does weber make one? Ill just try my luck and see what happens this time. LOL! Ill have a pan under it so its all good.

Back