Does the Unknown lid hinge fit properly on the WSM 14.5 size smoker?

Is this “Needed”?19E1DE27-9F77-4709-8BBA-4E169FD052E1.jpeg
I’d have to honestly say not but, when the wind comes up it will be very helpful, at least I hope so! And it’s been kind of fun. I might do a few things differently on another but this will probably last my lifetime.
There are other shots after the first few tweaks in my other “wind screen” thread.
Shameless self promotion but, not for profit.

If you have no place other than the ground to set the lid on, and you don't want to put it on the ground... you might probably agree that the hinge would be nice to have. No?
I use three pieces of 1x2, but, I absolutely think it’s a very good piece of equipment for anyone. I have an 19” kettle that I have a hinge on. Do I NEED it? No, but, it does make life easier. Just get it and be happy, you’re going to appreciate the convenience. Just make sure you orient it right so you don’t have something fall over when you least expect it.

If you have no place other than the ground to set the lid on, and you don't want to put it on the ground... you might probably agree that the hinge would be nice to have. No?
I’m fairly new to the WSM but will admit I’m already neck deep LOL. My first one was a 22, it definitely needs a hinge and having a handle in the front really makes the hinge useful. Don’t have an 18 but not sure I would put a hinge on it without adding a front handle. The 14 I now have I use as it came no mods except a doubled up charcoal grate, hunsaker vortex and an adapter for my billows.

Love my 14

I’m fairly new to the WSM but will admit I’m already neck deep LOL. My first one was a 22, it definitely needs a hinge and having a handle in the front really makes the hinge useful. Don’t have an 18 but not sure I would put a hinge on it without adding a front handle. The 14 I now have I use as it came no mods except a doubled up charcoal grate, hunsaker vortex and an adapter for my billows.

Love my 14

I don't know what the billows mod is. Will you explain a bit about that?

Back