Does the twine have to be kitchen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Parizo:
BTW, the grenade comment made me LOL and so I got to explain everything you wrote to my 7-yo daughter... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, my humor runs a bit contrary to others. And I'd hate to corrupt a pure mind ... tell her I'm back on my medications and all should be well.

I'm pretty torqued about the shoulder. They've expanded and aren't cooking evenly. I think the next ones are coming from a Mexican butcher down in Phoenix. It'll be more money, but I won't have eight little roasts attached by connective tissue.

If you buy bone-in, the bone holds things together quite well-- up until nearly time to pull it off. When you're talking butts, I think most would agree the bone is a plus, and not worth paying more to have removed.

Bone in for me. Never did a boneless one and have no plans to do one.
icon_smile.gif
JMO Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Always bone-in for this guy! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greg, You forgot NO LEAD
icon_razz.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
Does anyone know what it is Costco thinks is being done with the majority of the butts they sell that they only offer them boneless? I would think most would rather have bone-in, _and_ pay less for them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug,

I emailed Costco yesterday and asked them exactly this question. I'll follow-up here with whatever reply I get.

Best,

Doug

Doug,

I'll be interested in Costco's response. After the unbelievable job of boning that was done on the shoulders I cooked this weekend, I'm looking for a new butcher. I've found a Carniceria that I can order what I want, but it'll be more than the price I'm paying now.

I like the butts from Costco. I'm pretty sure they get them deboned - they come in a cryovac 2 pack - so they're being deboned at the processing plant on an assembly line. Let's just say getting the bone out is not going to be done with surgical precision in that environment. Anyhow, I coat the whole thing with rub then fold it back up (I've also started injecting with good results) and cook it. Like somebody said, more surface area = more flavor. Here's me getting first place in pork at the West Coast Championship (don't know why I was making such a funny face).
wc0804a.jpg

I feel very good about this. I'm sure the shelves are being stocked with bone-in butts as we speak.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Dear Doug,

Thank you for your e-mail to Costco Wholesale.

Your product suggestion has been forwarded to our buying office for their review.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Sincerely,

Kyndra R
Customerservice@costco.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Parizo:
I'm sure the shelves are being stocked with bone-in butts as we speak.
icon_wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure you're right.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Doug,

Yeah, sounds like someone sold Costco a return mailer daemon.

Still interested if and when you hear something from these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back