Does the hover grill fit a 18.5 WSM

Brian O

I was thinking it would be easier to smoke with the hover grill, but i have been doing some research and have been getting conflicting reviews.

Does the hover grill fit on a 18.5 WSM?

If its the hover grill from a 22.5 kettle smokenator, then no.

I was hoping likewise but was too large so sold it alongside the smokenator when I got my WSM 18.5

Matt, I don't want to contradict you but my Hovergrill does fit. It's 17 3/4" in diameter. I bought mine with the Smokenator 1000 for the 22. I use it for appetizers above my top grill on my WSM 18.5. It just clears the edges and it works on the 18" kettle too. Maybe they have changed the size? Mine is about 3 years old. They are very handy.

Last edited:
Interesting Gary, or I somehow managed to misfit mine!? Not sure how, or maybe I had a larger hover vs my smokenator.

Sold now, so no chance to find out! Shame if it does as looking to expand capacity :mad:

Interesting Gary, or I somehow managed to misfit mine!? Not sure how, or maybe I had a larger hover vs my smokenator.

Sold now, so no chance to find out! Shame if it does as looking to expand capacity :mad:

Here's a link right from the manufacturer that says it won't fit in the 18" kettle https://www.smokenator.com/Store/p/13/individual-hovergrill but mine does. There is not much room mind you but ABT's will work just fine. Actually there is 2 1/2" of clearance from the grill to the vent.

Last edited:

Back