Does anyone use an induction burner?

I often wondered. On an induction burner if it takes as much energy to heat something as say a regular contact burner or gas burner if talking BTU?

Induction is far more "efficient" in that the amount of electricity consumed vs what percentage goes into directly heating the metal is very high. i.e. there is little electricity lost as waste heat etc as it is being converted to heat in the metal of the pan. That said, electricity is far more expensive here that gas, so I am not sure I will see any actually noticable bill changes TBH.

So, a more direct answer to your question is "The amount of gas or electricity used (much of it wasted to the surrounding surfaces and atmosphere) in heating a pan using traditional cooktops is considered to be much higher..." everywhere I have ever read....we are just considering moving from gas to induction right now and I've been exploring the topic.

We want to move to induction mostly because there is so much heat on our gas stove lost to the exhaust fan, and along with that we create so much excess grease in our kitchen from the rising heat - it is really horrible. I love cooking with gas, but the side effects are really pretty bad for both home and health unless you aggressively exhaust...

I also kinda hate my gas oven...it's too "moist". I would prefer an electric that is more insulated as well. I can almost heat my entire house when the gas oven is on for a bit on high temps...so much heat leaving the exhaust vent it is crazy.

I do my best baking in the winter! Summer baking is limited so a few batches of cookies and strawberry shortcake or cobbler now and then. That may have to change since the demise of my cake bakery! The guy has decided that he was bored after a few months and has started doing coffee cakes (Amazingly good!) and his butter cookies but no cakes.
I’m considering a toaster oven/ air fryer combination but, I’m so limited by space! I envy kitchens like some of you guys have!
Do any of you folks have favorites on those?

I hear ya on the electric oven. I'm still grieving over being stupid enough to dump our Bosch dual fuel range. That oven could hold a temp like a dream, not heat up things on the stove or the surrounding air (kitchen). I'd forgotten how awful a gas oven was when we bought the LG. But then perhaps it's because the LG is so awfully made? Maybe a better oven in gas would not perform so badly? IDK. I use very little aluminum cookware now. It's mostly all been gotten rid of. And now I have mostly stainless steel a little cast iron and some aluminum pieces made for induction use as well as anything else.
Also here as well electricity is quite a lot more $$$ to use than gas. Neither is "cheap" anymore but gas is substantially cheaper. And I always run a fan when cooking which is vented up through the roof

<snip> I'd forgotten how awful a gas oven was when we bought the LG. But then perhaps it's because the LG is so awfully made? Maybe a better oven in gas would not perform so badly? IDK.

I have always just been under the impression that gas ovens can't really solve two issues - one is moisture levels (as water is just a side-effect of combustion) and venting heat - as they all have to vent - hard to be well insulated when you have a big ol' vent hole to let out gas!

I have always just been under the impression that gas ovens can't really solve two issues - one is moisture levels (as water is just a side-effect of combustion) and venting heat - as they all have to vent - hard to be well insulated when you have a big ol' vent hole to let out gas!
That’s why I have the vent hole…
Oops wrong gas!🤣🤣

I have 1 and had 2, older 1 died, will always have a single burner induction for my home or camper, if you buy a induction range keep a warranty on it, they are very pricey to repair.

Back