Does anyone need Genesis Gold C parts?

AndySo

TVWBB Member
I got my hands on 2 Gold Cs, one was a 2002 model (wire bottom) and the other a 2005 (enclosed cabinet). Turns out the cook box in the 2002 is toast and in the 2005 I can't get the last burner tube screw loosened to remove the burner tube from under it for the life of me. I've stripped both of all usable parts and tossed what was badly rusted. I've still got both side burners (they appear to be 2 different sizes) that appear to be in great shape, manifolds, all of the thermoset tables, both lids, stainless cabinet doors, and most of the frame pieces (I only kept ones that had very minor surface rust that can be easily cleaned up with a wire wheel). If anyone is restoring one and needs something, give me a shout, I may have it. I have very little use for these pieces since I don't have a usable cook box, but someone else might need something since they're no longer manufactured.

You're NOT SUPPOSED to remove those screws!!! Remove the manifold and the burners slide right out!
I get it, I was not trying to remove the screw, I was trying to loosen the screw to get the tube out from underneath it. The screw has either been tightened down so hard, or it has rusted and expanded so hard, it is pressing down on the burner tube and I can't pull or even wiggle the tube to get it out from underneath it. I've got it soaking in some pb blaster and will try again. I've tried using a screwdriver as others mentioned to pry up on it and get some additional space to slide the burner out. It will not budge. So I'm at a stalemate with pb blaster soaking and maybe a torch later to see if I can get the dang thing out, or perhaps drilling the thing out completely.

Try wedging a flat screwdriver between the end of the burner and the firebox after it has soaked awhile in PB Blaster. You should be able to get the burners out without having to resort to drilling.

Is the burner toast? If so, tie a strong piece of wire to the right end of it, then tie the other end to a heavy object like a hammer. THen yank the hammer to make the wire taught and it should free up the burner. Kind of like a slide hammer, only in reverse.

I'm looking for the right side thermoset table. The top one. I'm restoring a 2005 Gold B. I would buy the doors but shipping may be to expensive.

No biggy. It is confusing. The extended The silver C has an extra burner in place of the top shelf. An extended frame silver b will have the thermoset shelf in place of the burner that is on a Silver C.

So basically, an extended frame silver B with the right side table is the same thing as a Silver C which has the burner instead of the shelf. The regular sized frame is also called a Silver B but has no burner or right side shelf. Got that? It took me a long time to figure how that all works.

Thanks Bruce, just scored on the part I was looking for on market place. $25. for the entire grill.
Hey Bob, do you have any pictures of the finished product? I recently picked a Silver B but on the outer lid the emblem says "Genesis Gold", which confused the heck of out me. Is it Gold or is it Silver?

Willard, someone probably stuck a Genesis Gold lid on a Silver B. They are all interchangeable. I believe the Genesis Gold Grills all had stainless steel lids like the one Bob pictured above.

Oh, and the name does not indicate the true lid color in any real way. It is just a trim level of the grills really.

Back