Do you use Asiago Cheese in your pizzas?

Frequently. Especially with toasted pinenuts walnuts or pecans. It's mozz I rarely use. Big fan of fresh asiago too.

I like to use one, the other or all of the following for things Italian & ceaser salad: pecorino romano, asiago and parmesean.

About the only thing I prefer store bought parm (Kraft) for is as a binder in in something like meat balls or manicotti stuffing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rita Y:
I usually prefer Asiago to Parmesan.
Rita </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same here.
Yes, I often grate Asiago on top of my pies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Asiago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now you've got my interest piqued! What particular variety or varieties of Asiago do you use on pizza?

###

Both, as noted. I like aged asiago for many pizzas, especially those with actual nut components or those with flavors that are nutty (I use beurre noisette on some pizzas rather than evoo) and wish to boost overall nuttiness. I like fresh asiago on some, especially those with wilted greens (like chard), fresh garlic, goat cheese-sharper flavors I want to mute or mellow some. Fresh asiago, among other cheeses, does this nicely but still has a nice flavor all its own.

Back