Do you dilute Simple Green?

For most things 6-8:1. For something really really really dirty, greasy, slimy, maybe 1:1 or 2:1. Only time I’ve ever used undiluted is as a presoak for something I was going to hose or pressure wash off.

I buy the gallon bottles and just use it straight. When I use it, I usually have a hose going too and wind up mixing it anyway.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm going to continue to use undiluted. Mostly cause it's easier.

I keep some 10:1 diluted in a spray bottle marked for that purpose for general light cleaning. It's easy to mix, very inexpensive and works well. Occasionally if we.need some more heavy duty cleaning we'll mix up some 2:1. I love the stuff.

I've never thought of using it diluted. I always just fill up a spray bottle from the gallon jug. And spray away. I use different products for light duty cleaning.

I have never seen it remove paint. At least properly applied paint.
When I was stationed in San Diego with the Coast Guard we were cleaning the engine room on the 41' small boat as were using undiluted simple green on the engines and the rag was turning Gray from the paint on the engines.

Had to look up paint and simple green. Cause I always thought its claim to fame was it being totally safe. Apparently it is used by many to remove paint. Especially model figurines and such.

Had to look up paint and simple green. Cause I always thought its claim to fame was it being totally safe. Apparently it is used by many to remove paint. Especially model figurines and such.
I also thought it was paint safe. Guess I dodged a bullet (no pun intended) as I have used it to remove road tar from my car.
thanks for the heads-up.

I tried a mixture with water to soak my Porcelain grill grates in my Silver A and it worked just great. I added a cup a two to a small tub of water. I had let them soak overnight.

Back