Do I need a gas grill?

DSC_0016__87598.1287625184.1280.1280.JPG

George, liz bought a Weber Genesis Gold about 13 years ago... sold it earlier this summer.
Used it to clean my charcoal food grates.
Turn all three burners on high, toss in the grate for five minutes, then scrape off the charred residue.

Yeah, get a gas grill. But don't grill food on it:p

I use my Weber Genesis to cook pizzas.

Gas grill: Turn on..................................................6 seconds.
Let grill get to temperature.......................15 to twenty minutes.

Briquettes: Light briquettes already in chimney...........6 seconds.
Let briquettes get lit.............................15 to twenty minutes.
Let grill get to temp for sear....................5 minutes.

So, If you have only twenty minutes 6 seconds to prepare the grill, then gas is the way to go.

If you have twenty five minutes 6 seconds to prepare the grill then briquettes are the way to go.

William:cool:

Ok. I got a gasser! I found a Q100 on my local CL this morning for 30.00 dollars. It was a wedding present for a newly married couple. They said that they only used it a couple of times. By the looks of it, that must be the truth. I gave it a soapy bath, dried it off, and it looks great. It is just what I was after. Thanks to all those that replied. It won't replace my OTG, but will hopefully compliment it for quick cooks after work.

Thanks,

Steve

Ok. I got a gasser! I found a Q100 on my local CL this morning for 30.00 dollars. It was a wedding present for a newly married couple. They said that they only used it a couple of times. By the looks of it, that must be the truth. I gave it a soapy bath, dried it off, and it looks great. It is just what I was after. Thanks to all those that replied. It won't replace my OTG, but will hopefully compliment it for quick cooks after work.

Thanks,

Steve

Stephen all kidding aside, the very best of luck with it. Please let us know how you like it.

thats just to funny ! bet ya miss it already !

George, liz bought a Weber Genesis Gold about 13 years ago... sold it earlier this summer.
Used it to clean my charcoal food grates.
Turn all three burners on high, toss in the grate for five minutes, then scrape off the charred residue.

Yeah, get a gas grill. But don't grill food on it:p

No doubt, I prefer the taste on charcoal. However, for fast cooks, which I do often, like boneless chicken breasts or fish filets, I do use gas. Mine will heat up to over 600 degrees in 5-7 minutes, so that's not a problem I often think of eating about five minutes after I'm hungry, so sometimes, the faster the better. My main problem with my gas grill, a Genesis, is that it does not cook evenly across the grates, so one has to determine how to cook on them for even temp's across the food. The charcoal seems to cook more even.

The charcoal grill requires a clean out quite often, the gas grill, depending on use, at least once a year needs a good scrubbing to prevent a grill fire.......................Yea, get one. I used a small Q for several years after a previous grill was thrown out, for small cooks it does a pretty good job, and there are even bigger one's out today than I have. Take a good look at one, however, the price is not that dang far from a bigger gas grill, so explore your options. Yep, I have them all.........................d

platinum015_zps70b3b86c.jpg
[/IMG]

Back