Discount Knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kevin,

Before you spend any $$ , look around and find what you like. I have found Wusthof to be the one for me. They do cost , but I have not found a better knife.

Rick

Not sure Discount Knives is around anymore. Toward the end some folks had some problems with service, if I recall correctly.

I've been using Cutlery & More and have been quite happy.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks, I will check them out!

Ohh, and I am doing some shopping locally to get the feel of different knives out there. Here's hoping I like the Forschner's (sp?) since they cost less.

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin J:
Thanks, I will check them out!

Ohh, and I am doing some shopping locally to get the feel of different knives out there. Here's hoping I like the Forschner's (sp?) since they cost less.

Kevin <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What would be the perfect knife for handling raw meat? Trimming spares, getting to the membrane, trimming fat off shoulders...

Thanks,
Bob

I have to agree with Rick.
Wushof classic is what I have, and I love them.
However they are definatley not cheap.

hey there chris.. i checked out that site.. you can tell me which knives you have..there are so many dont know whihc ones.... i need one to cut up the brisket...now i guess i use a electric one...but thats the kkinda knife i need.. any suggestions....thanks
ps and if you missed my other post just bought another wsm with the link of course for a good deal thanks to your promo code.. thanks

I use a Forschner 40539 to trim briskets and pork butts before cooking. I use a Forschner 40640 to slice meat (even though it says its a bread knife...I like the serrated edge).

I also use a pair of shears for cutting up chicken and a Black & Decker Ergo electric knife for making quick work of slicing brisket, turkey, tri-tip, etc.

I also recently bought my parents a Forschner 8-piece block set and they are very happy with it so far.

Regards,
Chris

Ok, don't laugh, but these knives are well made and very sharp. The cleaver is sold and heavy. The "Kitchen" knife is one of my faves.

I love the flexible filet knife. The slicing knife is extra long and I have sliced turkey, flank steaks and briskets without any effort. Glides thru the meat like butter.

They hold their edge and I've yet to have to sharpen any. My wife is afraid to use them for fear off chopping of a finger.

Rath *just my 2 cents*

I don't know about the knives, but I love that kind of knife magnet that they show on their site. I have a 17-inch one on the wall behind my counter top next to the range in the kitchen, and it's very handy to have all the knives there within reach without a block taking up space.

I know Keri, wish I had known about the magnets before I ordered the block. It's HUGE. But the knives are 1 piece stainless steele and the handles are bolted to it.

I am happy with them.

THank you for your responses...chris i will look into those knives you use.. they look great.. and im goign to fosure get a pair of scissors also.. i see now how great they can be for buttflying chickens... and Rath, i must say i did laugh when that site pulled up...but im sure there good.. just dont think i need all of those knives.. but a good deal.. neways.. thanks for all the responses ill buy some this weekend.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back