Disassemble Performer for travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Blackwell

TVWBB Member
I'm a commercial pilot and I'm trying to find a good deal on a Performer. I travel a lot in a small aircraft...

Wondering if it is possible to take it apart and put it in the baggage compartment?

I'd give it a shot. I might be dreaming but I bet I could stick the lid and bottom in the back seat of a 172 and cram the rest in somewhere else.

I bet you could. I don't know how much room is available, but I bet you could fit it into a space the size of a trunck of a car. If not I would ship that baby UPS. They package up things really perfectly, to ensure your little bundle gets home safely.
icon_wink.gif

Actually I'm thinking the baggage area of a Falcon Jet or Citation... But I have to leave room for the pax baggage too!

I wonder how expensive it would be to UPS a performer? Say RI to SC?

Hey William, according to amazon.com the performer weighs 100lbs (shipping weight). If you go to UPS.com you can plug in the zip code and weight of an item and it will give you the shipping rate. I am not really sure it weighs 100lbs though, that seems like alot. I bet it would cost around $50 or so. Hope it works out for you.

I'm sure you could make it work. Hopefully your talking about a citation Xl or larger. The smaller citations may get cramped. You could always talk to the local fbo and have them help you ship if need be. They might even be able to hook you up with special shipping rates.

Yep, Its a Citation XL but actually I'll be there in the Falcon 50EX tomorrow. Will have the pax bags and a couple sets of clubs too. I'll see what is leftover on the way up and go from there.

Hate to spend too much shipping. The guy is already asking 125 for an older black SS performer. I'll take along some tools in case it looks good..

i think you could. It will break down to the size of a set of golf clubs. then just the lid and bowl. Not sure how much room is in the cargo area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back