Dinner tonight and New Years food for tomorrow.

PeterN

TVWBB Member
Well finaly sucked it up and am going to try and go with no water. Threw a rack of St Louis style ribs and a pork butt on at 9:15 tonight...guess Im in for a late dinner. Glad I have some beer while I wait
icon_smile.gif
. Its snowing and about 30 outside. Will pst pics when the fiance gets home from work with the camera.

You'll be fine. I did both my first and second cooks on my 22.5 WSM with no water. Tonight it ran solid at 250 in 28 degree weather (wind chill down to 20 or lower).

From the time I lit it until the time I took the pork off the rack, it stayed rock solid with zero problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Quinlan:
Perfect. Figure out your temp control while the ribs get done and you'll be all dialed-in for the butt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was actually pretty easy, couple of minor adjustments and shes holdin steady at 231. Are the temp spikes and such more noticable when you take the lid off when you dont use water?

Back