Did Pizza Tonight

DaleW

TVWBB Pro
Was supposed to be MNF night, but that didn't happen. Again, I don't wanna talk about it. Anyway, prepared dough yesterday and let proof in the fridge overnight. On to the toppings; here's the sausage.
imagevim.jpg

Moved the sausage to the side then bring on the bell peppers and shrooms seasoned with S&P and EVOO.
imageqqz.jpg

Pizza built with store-bought tomato sauce, aforementioned sides, pepperoni, mozzarella, and a dash of Italian seasoning.
imagecru.jpg

On the grill.
imageufni.jpg

Heres the first of two, ready to eat!
imagefgz.jpg

Two thumbs up from bride and boys! Thanks for viewing.

Nice job Dale. Do you preheat the pizza stone, then cook on it? or is there indirect heat? Thanks.

Well, yes to both! I pre-heat the stone, and I set it up for indirect. In the pics you'll see coals to the left and the stone to the right. Even though I'm using a pretty big 26.75 grill, i still have to rotate the pizza after about 5 minutes so one side doesn't burn. Hope that helps!

Yes. Thanks for the feedback. I have a performer which is 22.5 and I have a pizza stone. I'll have to see how it fits. I've never tried pizza on the grill but have always wanted to. You picture have inspired me to do it. Again, thanks.

Tom rotta^^^^^^

With the 22.5" kettle, for indirect heat make a ring of hot coals on the outside edge around the kettle. Put the stone in the middle for indirect heat. Works great.

To the OP---- nice pie! Been too long since I made pizza. Yours looks great!

Great pies Dale!

Building a ring of coals around the outside works well even on an 18.5, but I also raise my stone up on a few firebricks to get closer to the lid and farther from the heat. It helps get the top and bottom done at the same time.

Looks great Dale! Nice pie dude...must have been pretty bad to divert you from a cook like that but looks like all is right now!

I Agree with some of the others! I do the ring of fire and firebricks to raise the stone up into the lid!

Great cooking!

Back