deviled egg ?????

J Rector

TVWBB Super Fan
My wife is having trouble with the shell sticking to the egg white. Any ideas what went wrong for future reference???

Thanks
Jeff

Salted boiling water and older eggs.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Bill

we cook the same way as in the post but have switched to egglands best eggs . I'm beginning to think this might be the problem. With the lower cholesterol level and who knows what else. Oh well the eggs will be ugly tommorrow
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again
Jeff

Yeah, ugly but still good. This cooking thing is a great hobby. Even when you screw up, it ain't all that bad. If you find them too ugly, just ship them up here to Michigan. I like ugly food.

Egg whites sticking to shells when boiled is caused bt fresh eggs. Most store bought eggs are several weeks old and an air sack has developed in the egg making peeling a hard boiled egg easier. Fresh eggs are tough to peel without damaging the white. Enjoy the fact that these are probably less than two weeks old.

Bob,
Sounds interesting...how in world do you do that??, do you put the whole peeled HB egg in the WSM?, slice them in half, then put them in?, or just put the yolks in the WSM before you add the mayo, etc.??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob H.:
Have you ever smoked the eggs before you devil them? Mmmmmmmm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stu, do a search for "smoke eggs" (without the ") on the main Bulletin Board page. You'll come up with several threads with excellent information. The thread with Deviled Eggs is good too.

Rita

Back