Deep into research for the ultimite smoker.....

Brad, what are the differences you speak of. I just bought a 22.5" and was told that they were identical in every way, except for size.

Jeff didnt see this post, I have a 22.5 wsm myself and a friend of mine has the 18 and the biggest difference is fuel consumption. Mine spends charcoal like congress spends on a budget. If I could have a do-over I think I might've swinged to the 18. It's nice to have the extra room if need be but I ran a Super Bowl party with 18 people and that'll probably be the biggest crowd I'll feed. Normal use is for family 5-7 people? So what I plan to normally cook isn't enough to rationalize the consumption in fuel.

I am a relatively new owner of the 18.5" WSM. I did a lot of "back and forth" before deciding on the 18.5. Our kids are grown and we don't do a lot of entertaining so the 18.5 is more than enough for us. I am really impressed with the WSM. It is delightful to use in most every way. I have and use a Weber 22.5" OTG along with the WSM and consider them a "perfect pair" (I also have a 18.5" OTS which was given to me and started me on "The Weber Way"...

When our kids visit we still have more than enough room to produce a lot of really good BBQ.

Dale53

Back