Deal on WSM?

Looks like I'm on my way to being a WSM owner guys! I just talked to Greg at Grillguys.com and he is sending me their display for $150 shipped! Thanks for the help and suggestions on the purchase everyone.

Congrats Erik! Looks like you got an excellent deal and I'm sure you'll enjoy your WSM. Smoke on!

i just bought a wsm off of ebay was searching for a good deal late at night and eureka, the guy had 5 of them 135 plus 15 shipping awesome deal

If I'm not mistaken, the grillguys.com is actually an Ace Hardware in Chicago.

Anyway, they always have great deals, and most of the time free shipping.

I suggest buying on ebay from KTTraders - AFTER XMAS - they sell stuff like AMAZON returns and if you buy defective (dented) Weber stuff, Weber will replace it for you.

I recently bought a Weber performer and a Smokey Joe gold from them.

Rich, FYI, I live very close to Weber and have three relatives who work for them. Two of the three are involved at the corporate level.

I caution anyone buying dented or defective Weber products at reduced costs for the purpose of thinking they will receive replacements parts
without any problems.

As we all know, Weber does stand behind their products and will replace damaged or defective merchandise however, they are aware of these "slightly damaged" items being sold via the internet at discounted prices.

It is my understanding that discussions were recently held and new policies may be implemented in the very near future.

This is my opinion and not a statement from Weber. I normally would not have made comments such as this however, in the interest of the board members, I thought it was important to express my word of caution.

Thanks for the info John, I called Weber with the intnetion of BUYING the new part, but they would not hear of it.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Lets see - Fred buys a Weber from Amazon - it is dented
icon_mad.gif
- he calls Weber and they send him a new one.
icon_smile.gif

Or Jim buys a Weber from Amazon, it is dented
icon_mad.gif
, he returns it to Amazon who sells it to KTTraders who sells it to me who calls Weber and they send me a new one.
icon_smile.gif

Who has done whom wrong? Just wondering.
icon_confused.gif

J Lund,

When I bought my WSM this past summer from Amazon, it arrived with a dented charcoal bowl. When I called Weber direct they ALREADY had my name in the data base before I even thought about regitering my WSM. I'm sure that's because I ordered through Amazon but that tells me the Weber boys and girls have an inkling of who is legit and who is not.

BTW, they sent me a new bowl overnight delivery. It doesn't get much better than that.

i dont get to open it until christmas , so i hope it isnt dented, i got a new maverick et 73 for 36 dollars at the gadget source, never used a wsm or smoked for that matter cant wait to try it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jerry walker:
i dont get to open it until christmas , so i hope it isnt dented, i got a new maverick et 73 for 36 dollars at the gadget source, never used a wsm or smoked for that matter cant wait to try it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be hooked! Read what advice is posted here, try some of them and pick out what works best for you. There is more than one method to get some great Q. Enjoy.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

This has probably been brought up before about saving on WSW through Amazon, but here goes.
They have an Amazon credit card with zero yearly fees. If you buy a product through Amazon on the first purchase you get $30.00 off that first purchase.

Well, it looks like Amazon has raised the price to $249. Several other sites have raised the price as well. Can't find any in stock anywhere for $199 anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? Think they may go on sale after X-Mas?

Thx

Here's my 2 cents. Its well worth $249 and more, imo. If I wanted one I would go ahead and order from Amazon. If you're like me, expect to see some really good deals hit right AFTER you receive yours - Only Doug D gets the absolutely best price on all his purchases - Merry Christmas Doug
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Didn't someone say that Ace Hardware carries them? Any around your area? Maybe they are still $200 or below.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul G.:
Here's my 2 cents. Its well worth $249 and more, imo. If I wanted one I would go ahead and order from Amazon. If you're like me, expect to see some really good deals hit right AFTER you receive yours - Only Doug D gets the absolutely best price on all his purchases - Merry Christmas Doug
icon_smile.gif

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doesn't Doug work for Amazon?
icon_wink.gif

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone!

25.gif

If anyone is still looking, I was able to special order a smoker from Home Depot for the $199 price ($209.99 with tax). It's supposed to take 10 days to get here so I'm still waiting.

Now keep your fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong!!

Back