dallas q joints? (or other good restraunts)

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
I have another buisness trip to Dallas scheduled later this week. Are there any great q' joints to find some superbly cooked brisket? or any other great cusine unique to the area.

Thanks for any recommendations

There's so many good restaurants in Dallas; all it takes is $$$
icon_wink.gif
! I've never eaten Q up there, but I have had several great Sunday brunches at some of the finer hotels like the Adolphus and the Fairmont. I really enjoyed the Venetian room at the Fairmont. You need to call and see if they still do it; they used to put on a great breakfast spread with a full sized gondola filled with various seafood! Of course there were the omlete stations and custom waffles to order; just about anything you wanted!

I have lived here about 2 years and have to say that there are lots of good restaurants here. As far as BBQ, I don't know many that are above average. As a matter of fact, I bought the WSM and started making my own because I couldn't find BBQ as good as the stuff around Austin.

I'm sure this is probably more than you want to read, but if you have internet at the airport waiting for a flight or something, look through these reviews:

Dallas Food

Click on the link, hit "search" and enter "quest for 'cue" There are about 15 articles there.

I agree with this guy most of the time and he's very thorough.

There really isn't any BBQ around Dallas nearly as good as what you'll find in Central Texas. The Dallas Food link above has a lot of good reviews. My personal favorite locally is Baker's Ribs, but it can be hit or miss & didn't do as well as some other places in the Dallas Food review.

If you're interested in other food unique to the area then definitely check out some of the local Tex-Mex places. El Fenix is one of the oldest around town & is pretty good. Another one I really like is Posados. All are reasonably priced. Of course, there are also several good steak houses. III Forks is my favorite, but is pretty expensive.

III forks might push the expense account and raise a few eyebrows. the tex mex places we will try to check out but really was hoping to find some places that make good brisket (being Texas and all) Bakers lkooks cool. I'll see if I can find some time while in the Airports to check out the dallas food link

any places for a good brisket in Dallas?

Thanks

I've not found the Q stellar in Dallas but then again I find the Q in Texas mostly overrated so... . If you like Indian, Pasand on Beltline in Irving, about 1/2 mi north of 183. Excellent spinach pakoras, excellent rasam, and very good tandoori.

tried big al's this afternoon. the ribs were pretty dried out but teh brisket was alright. its hard once you start making your own your standards go way up and thats tough for a restraunt to compete with I suppose.

I love good indian Kevin thanks!!! I'm not sure if I can talk the co worker into that but thers always tex-mesx to fall back on

Wow!! thaks for the great recommendations:

Got back late last night.

Big Al's was ok but this trade show looks like it will be moving ot Austin next year so I may get the opprotunity to look for good Q then. Posado's was some of the best Mexican I've had. The charro beans were a very rich smokey complex flavor that reminded me of a good gumbo. The flavor combinations wer fantastic. We did get a chance to try El-fenix which was good. I am pretty anti-chain when it comes to restraunts and like the little Mom and Pop places that people have run across but it can be so hit and miss when you only have three or four opportunities to try cuisine in a city.

Pasand for Indian and Kevins recpmmendations were amazing. I will not miss dining here if i'm in dallas again and I might even try and book an extended layover next time I fly through Dallas(it's only about 10 minutes from the airport roght across from Irving mall on beltline.

The trade show was a complete and total bust (what were they thinking withthe weekend before christmas) but at least we ate really really well. Thanks a bunch.

(Chris A. I kind of got off the topic of Q here, this probablly should be in just discussion if you want to move it feel free)

Back