Custom Weber Kettle Cart

Really nice! I especially appreciate how you used casters for increased mobility. That cart looks rock solid sturdy. I am going to build a cart for my Weber bullet smoker and use casters as well.

Thanks guys. It is pretty sturdy. Weighs between 400 and 450 so I doubt it's going anywhere.

I was thinking about putting some metal cross ties on the back and sides to increase rigidity. I threw a level on all four corners last weekend and it was dead on, so I may not have to.

Finally done...I think. All the hardware is on and I put the SS prep area on yesterday.

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Looks great!
I had a small mishap with my granddaughter trying to sit on the old fiberglass table on my old performer. That resulted in a crack which I made a band aid which worked for a few years. Then while we were vacationing three hundred miles away I lost a significant section from my black walnut tree which aggravated the previous damage.
After quite a while in the design stage I went to my cabinetmaker friend who was between big projects and chatted with him about it.
He was doing some work which involved some hundred +year old brewing vat material form the old Strohs brewery, he offered some of the stock and his time. Well, when I can post some pictures I will.
It is solid as the day is long! Solid cypress, when we cut the stock, it still smelled of beer! I have a little fine tuning to do but, we only finished it late November.

Back