Current Situation

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Mouth is watering. Have 3 nice prime rib beef back ribs on the Member's Mark, and some nice yellow gold potatoes roasting on the Q Just S&P and smoke on those ribs. Smellin them out there and getting hungrier by the minute. Taters coated with EVOO, then nice application of fine sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Just waiting on arrival of our little "peanuts" with the boss. They get penne with marinara.

Enjoy your food and family!

Just 15 minutes ago I had these choice back ribs delivered... but not for tonight. Chicken and rice this evening.

1704322332191.png

Enjoy your food and family!

Just 15 minutes ago I had these choice back ribs delivered... but not for tonight. Chicken and rice this evening.

View attachment 84693
Yep that is where I got them. Though they were not "on the rack". They were already cut into individuals. I cooked 3 of them. Ate one, sent one back with wife and babies to my daughter and the other will be tomorrows lunch

Was at costco today. Had some okay looking ones. Whoa! Too much for me. Had some shiners too. One day I willl find some really nice ones for what I can pay.

All I can tell ya, is IIRC I paid $15 for a 7 bone package. I stuck 3 on my MM at about 1530-1545, at high smoke P3. Hung at 185 plenty of nice smoke. Did them about 90 min or so at this then up to 325 for duration (BTW, noticed something with this grill), Supposedly pellet grills are not supposed to give much smoke once over 250. Well I have noticed on this one, when I use a drip pan (used a small 1/2 sheet pan), it was pouring out good smoke for me at 325.
Anyway the bones were deeeeeelish. In my old (pre Mounjaro/weight loss) days all 3 would be mine. Now, I did 3 2 were supposed to be for lunches but one went to daughter, so only one lunch. Baked tater off the Q320 I was set.
No extra spices or anything. Just good beef, S&P and smoke. Mmmmm goooooood. And I still have 4 bones left for another dinner, and some lunches or I can stick them in freezer to cook at later date or do what I do with brisket and pulled pork.
Cook, vacuum seal and sous vide' in pot of water. Already can taste them :D

Back