Curious the age on this "Bar-b-kettle"

I saw this posted on FB Marketplace for $125. It looks pretty old. The person selling has no clue how old it is. Is this the low-end box store grill sold back in the day (looks like it has wood handles) or was this basically the Original Kettle before it was named that? Curious if I should seek this out.346908770_6414403875314190_8138579539642116203_n.jpg

Given the barcode stickers on the side, I don’t think it’s all that old, it may have been resold and tagged with those but, it’s hard to say, it might be just what you think, the box does show daisy wheels. Others may have a better grip on this.

Makes me wonder. I think I'm gonna pick it up anywho.
I'm inclined to believe it's at least 24 years old. Of course, it's possible that's not the original box.
And I would feel better about taking that gamble if it were more like $40-50. LOL

But it seems like you've decided to go for it, so good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

I was happy to see a Weber Smokey Joe box at a garage sale this weekend - then opened it to find an old electric coffee maker. :cautious:😁

Makes me wonder. I think I'm gonna pick it up anywho.
Reminds me of the old kettles, instead of the sweeps, it has the vents like on the WSM. A little more difficult to clean, but if you just put in an aluminum tray, you catch most the mess. It's the best of both worlds (Kettle / WSM) IMHO

Looks like a pre-2000 Bar-B-Kettle. Based on the packaging it's likely from the 1990's. Wood handles were phased out for all kettles globally at the end of the 1999 production year. During the 90's, the Bar-B-Kettle with it's 3 "daisy wheel" lower vent design was sold alongside the more premium One-Touch series, which features the single touch venting design with 3 blades inside the kettle. These days, Bar-B-Kettles are only sold in Europe. The only time we've done composite wood handles was for the 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles in 2022. #IworkforWeber

Looks like you can get a new one for the same price or maybe cheaper........I wouldn't know what to do without the ash catcher.....

I had one like that early/mid 90's. It got destroyed when my son's were playing B-ball ( animals )
I went on a gasser kick until 06 when I bought a OTG and SJP.
Those daisy wheels made it so easy to dial in the temp for Low.

Back