Crimson Premium to Limited Edition Mod

Thanks for posting Jon. I saw that pic before I started also. I am glad you posted it because I forgot where I saw it and wanted to save that pic. I also bought the Limited Edition Black Wheels thinking I could put them on the short legs of this kettle, but I found they are stabilized with a cotter pin and the ones on there now are end caps. They also seem a little wider so I do not think I can put them on without buying the Limited Edition Leg Kit. So I am not sure what I am going to do now.

@Jon Tofte on yours are those the short standard legs on that Crimson Master Touch mod. If so, did those rear wheels match perfectly? And do those 8 inch wheels have end caps to hold them on?

On both of mine I swapped out the legs, triangles and wheels which are all larger/longer on the Master Touch than on the “regular” kettles. Because my original kettles were new they also had the pin-type legs and holders, so they interchanged readily. The wheels on a Master Touch are 8” vs. 6” on regular kettles.

Samuel, nice mods.
Jon those are some killer kettles. Being 6-2 the taller legs are a must. That indigo needs to be a performer color. I love how it shines! I LOVE the flat slate blue performer I have but dang that’s a nice color.

Last edited:
I like that better than the old style one. Is that the one they use on the komado?
It is the one that comes on the Red Limited Edition 22 inch kettle.

Weber 14615001 (2017) Original Kettle 22-In. Red Premium Limited Edition​

Thinking about the Limited mod for my Green Head also. Still have not decided if I want to paint the Ash Catcher bowls black.

20220404_080802.jpg20220402_072012.jpg

Last edited:
Some have inquired. So here is a parts list of what you need to do this mod. You may order them on ereplacementparts.com.

Red Limited-Edition Kettle Parts:

Handle Kit w/ Hooks (Black)

Limited-Edition Logo Plate

Legs Kit

Triangle Black

Kettle Lid Handle

Thermometer

Thermometer Bezel

Damper Handle (Black)

Wheel (need 2)

High-Capacity Ash Catcher

Last edited: