Cover for my old SS Performer?

Brian Lieder

TVWBB Member
Ive seen the genuine weber cover for the old performers, but theyre like 80 bucks and vinyl. Anyone know of a cover (can be off brand) for these old 2004 and older? I'd prefer a fabric one but will take anything at this point. If not, ill have to resort to the weber vinyl for a high price i guess....

I never much liked the "official" cover and since I grill year 'round, I used to think it was a waste of money. That said no now that I have upgraded both table and added the second grill I am going to make a paper pattern and go see "Omar" the tent maker or maybe do it myself. If the design works like I'm planning, it will be pretty easy sewing.

Also look into a scooter or small motorcycle cover. I bought one last year for my odd shaped smoke. It's holding up great and was only $30 on Amazon.

Ive seen the genuine weber cover for the old performers, but theyre like 80 bucks and vinyl. Anyone know of a cover (can be off brand) for these old 2004 and older? I'd prefer a fabric one but will take anything at this point. If not, ill have to resort to the weber vinyl for a high price i guess....

I called Weber customer service. Told them what I needed and they sent me the appropriate cover. It was reasonably priced, around $30 or $35 if I remember. I've had the SS Performer for like 11 years. The older cover was a rather thick vinyl. I would still have it, if it weren't for it shrinking somehow. I live in Canada and the harsh climate I guess made it shrink over the years. I had to rip the seams to get it to fit. After 11 years it was time to replace it. The new cover is much thinner material but still works well and I suspect it too will shrink in time.

Back