Could Not Resist

I sure hope you did not scrub the porcelain with it. If you did you will see it's all scoured up with fine scratches. Ask me how I know

Hmmm. I did kind of scrub it but there was very minimal elbow grease. I remember scrubbing the lid with steel wool initially. I’m OK with how it looks, the lid is by far among the best condition parts!

Hmmm. I did kind of scrub it but there was very minimal elbow grease. I remember scrubbing the lid with steel wool initially. I’m OK with how it looks, the lid is by far among the best condition parts!
Oddly steel wool will not scratch porcelain (or even glass) but a scotch brite will do a total number on them

Not sure what you mean by "higher grit" in this case....for example 2000 grit is "higher" than 80 grit, but 80 will tear the **** of out a piece of wood, where 2000 will not even make a mark.

That said, material "hardness" is also a factor...something that has a very high "hardness", will scratch/wear things with a lower hardness. But not so much going the other way.

Green scrubbie would be I would think would be considered a low grit (coarse), but also a high hardness material too - scratches almost anything!.

1685315782675.png

I did mean higher in number.
Ah, the Mohs Scale! If only Friedrich was around for steel wool and green scrubbies!

Back