Costco ribs?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vincent Carrocci:

Do the rules specifically prohibit you from removing your meat from the cryovac before arriving at the contest site? I know that both KCBS and IBCA not only allow you to open your meats but you can also do all your trimming in advance. You are only prohibited from seasoning, marinating, injecting, etc. in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>]

I have never competted before. I guess I just assumed that your ribs couldn't be touched before competition. I'm glad I am finding this out now. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben K:
I have never competted before. I guess I just assumed that your ribs couldn't be touched before competition. I'm glad I am finding this out now. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, then assuming you are doing a KCBS or IBCA event, I highly recommend that you not only open and inspect your meat purchase but also do any and all trimming that you can at home and then repackage your meat using a vacuum sealer. You will be very happy that you did!

Back