Costco packer brisket on 14.5" question

T Um

I picked up a 14.5" from Walmart clearance few weeks ago. I used to have a 18 inch before I moved to so cal and since then messed around with a MES and mini-WSM. I made a lot of ribs and pork butt but now want to start getting into brisket. Saw that my local Costco had the prime brisket that's over 10 pounds and I don't think it will fit on my 14.5. So my question is for those of you with a 14.5, how have you cooked your brisket? Will cutting it half and putting one in lower chamber and other one in the upper work? Anything I need to look out for if cut in half?? Any help would be much appreciated.

I would suggest separating the flat and the point and cooking the flat on the upper shelf rather than just cutting it in half. Butcher BBQ has a good You Tube video on separating out a brisket if you have never done so before.

Just watched that video. Thanks for posting the info. It is very good and easy to understand.

I would suggest separating the flat and the point and cooking the flat on the upper shelf rather than just cutting it in half. Butcher BBQ has a good You Tube video on separating out a brisket if you have never done so before.

Back