Costco American Wagyu whole brisket

But seriously (enabling aside) Is Wagyu REALLY necessary on brisket? I've honestly not been able to justify Prime over Choice. But given the pricing brisket is at right now that looks like a bargain!

But seriously (enabling aside) Is Wagyu REALLY necessary on brisket? I've honestly not been able to justify Prime over Choice. But given the pricing brisket is at right now that looks like a bargain!
Necessary, probably not. Fun to do at least once, probably. I did not bring that home with me, fwiw. If I had crazy money, I'd probably increase my BBQ budget for equipment and consumables rather than blow it on houses, boats, planes, etc! I do not have crazy money, however, so I am reduced to trying to get other people to spend THEIR money on stuff like this! :)

R

Maybe you should have posted this brisket pic sooner?
Nothing wrong with that, Brett! If I was hosting our Steak Club this month, I'd probably try one of the Wagyu (American) briskies.....I'm not up again until October or November.....we'll see if they are still around.

R

Am I missing something? What grade is that strip? I don't see a grade have to assume Choice at the $$$ though

Am I missing something? What grade is that strip? I don't see a grade have to assume Choice at the $$$ though
Always Choice unless labeled otherwise at Costco. I asked the butcher.

Great price. That’s why I bought it. Hosting a dinner tmrw. Thai style.

Will make fresh rolls with Avo, thick cut lightly smoked NY strips served with peanut sauce and garlic sautéed snap peas and maybe some rice.

Side note, rack of lamb was $4 off per pack. I bought 3.

One for next week and two into the freezer already.

Darn just grabbed a rack for the wife at Trader Joes, she likes em and I can get a smaller steak.

Been eating healthy this year and have really enjoyed it, just puts a damper in my smoking meats game.

What's not healthy?
It’s more the quantities, I’ve never gotten really good at dividing up portions to save and freeze.
We tend to eat as much as we can for a few days, give some away.
My family isn’t gonna eat a packet brisker and I sure wish Costco would break up them butts. My kids are 13 and 10, they fill up quick. 😃

Lost our vac sealer and all the bags we had. I’ll look into getting another.

Back