Cornell Chicken Question????

PaulG

TVWBB Fan
Going to be doing Cornell chicken over Christmas week. I was wondering using the modified recipe without the egg and using Dijon mustard instead as a thickener. Which is better the original recipe with the egg or the modified recipe without the egg? Any thoughts on this. I think this is a toss up maybe, but I was wondering what others have to say. I planing on using the WSM, maybe without the water pan. cooking Temp. about 300 to 325.

Last edited:
It will work out either way. I have made CC quite a few times in the last month - easy peasy. Keep the water pan in but no water and lined with foil for easy clean up. This will prevent any flare ups depending on which grate you use. The more heat the better with CC as you want a bit of crisp to the skin. I have found that thighs and legs come out best especially the next day as leftovers.

I usually cook this on my weber OTS and have to be really careful as the chicken sticks and burns easily. With the WSM you will not have those issues. Use PAM on the grates...

Thank You, You have given some good advice. I might add, I have used Weber Grill Spray and have had good luck using it. You can spray it on a hot grill without it flashing on you.

Back