Copycat White Castle Sliders

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
The general consensus is; you either love them or you hate them. I no longer live near one & the closest, one is a 4-hour drive. Yes, they are available frozen, but I want to try & replicate them. According to White Castle, 18 sliders can be made out a pound of burger. I have split my 1-pound package & have made 9 sliders.

Attachments

• The Lineup!.jpg
    The Lineup!.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Frozen patties on a bed on onions.jpg
    Frozen patties on a bed on onions.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Steaming Away.jpg
    Steaming Away.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Plated.jpg
    Plated.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 42
They appeal to me because when I was a youngster they opened in my neighborhood and it was one of the very few nearby places where Mom and Dad would bring some home for dinner, which was very infrequent for us.

Today, I drive by one on the rare occasion that I pass-through a certain town. On some of those trips I stop for four and an order of onion chips. I enjoy them but they kinda come at a price for me these days.

Did you come up on this recipe yourself, or does White Castle or another source publish a recipe?

I just looked at one recipe for copy of White Castle burgers. Find this hard to believe. 1 TB of peanut butter?

They appeal to me because when I was a youngster they opened in my neighborhood and it was one of the very few nearby places where Mom and Dad would bring some home for dinner, which was very infrequent for us.

Today, I drive by one on the rare occasion that I pass-through a certain town. On some of those trips I stop for four and an order of onion chips. I enjoy them but they kinda come at a price for me these days.

Did you come up on this recipe yourself, or does White Castle or another source publish a recipe?
Regarding the recipe, I did a little research, I tried to stay pretty close to the original. Obviously I deviated on the pickles, but I know what I like.

You enjoy rubbing it in, don't you; the WSK? :ROFLMAO:

You and a few others are driving up interest in that workhorse, very deservingly!
i've owned many a grill. i have to be honest and say the WSK is the best one i've ever owned. it brings me genuine happiness.

i could add my car into this mix. it too makes me incredibly happy every time i start and drive it.

i invite you to join us at the WSK Club. no membership fees whatsoever.

For 25 years in the Navy, every year we took our kids to St. Louis to stay acquainted with both of our families. Upon arrival in St. Louis we went to White Castle and filled up before we hooked up with family. The kids still talk about those trips. My family loves White Castle.

No White Castle here in my southern region but Krystal everywhere. I’m not certain but very similar I think?

White Castle is an American regional hamburger restaurant chain with 377 locations across 13 states, with its greatest presence in the Midwest and New York metropolitan area. Founded on September 13, 1921, in Wichita, Kansas, it has been generally credited as the world's first fast-food hamburger chain. Wikipedia

For you young ones. lol

Back