copper 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim C

TVWBB Super Fan
nephew is in the army stationed in germany. he was in town a couple weeks ago and i was trying to get him to help me get a copper kettle. he said if i still wanted one in 2011 when he moves back he'll bring me one. i told him im sure i would.
its really criminal that weber wont let us buy them here. you'd have to think they'd sell really well

Yeah tell me about it...I believe they still sell the OTP but believe this is the last year. A few guys posted here that have the coppers..they are unique. Next thing we know..they will have a 26 inch RED Kettles in europe only....I would never buy Weber again
icon_mad.gif

I have a copper smokey, but had to rely on a friend from Denmark to set me up. To ship a full size 22 copper here to the states would be insane.

wont be any shipping. he's lived over there for years. met and married his wife over there. they are both in the army. after he retires he will bring it back with his furniture and belongings. he gets a certain amount of lbs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim C:
its really criminal that weber wont let us buy them here. you'd have to think they'd sell really well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No idea if they make the copper grills here in the states or if the copper ones for Europe are made over seas. If they make them over seas, then my guess is it might have something to do with EPA regulations here. IIRC, that's why they stopped making the red kettles because of all the EPA hoops they had to jump through. Just a guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
No idea if they make the copper grills here in the states or if the copper ones for Europe are made over seas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was told by Weber that all the kettles were made in the US and shipped to Europe. They make copper-colored gas grills that they sell here in the US. I don't understand why they don't sell copper-colored kettles here.

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
No idea if they make the copper grills here in the states or if the copper ones for Europe are made over seas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was told by Weber that all the kettles were made in the US and shipped to Europe. They make copper-colored gas grills that they sell here in the US. I don't understand why they don't sell copper-colored kettles here.

Regards,
Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta love the copper.

just did a us-euro conversion. in germany the copper kettle is 269 euro and thats $379 us
icon_eek.gif

2½ times what a 22 otg goes for here.
also a black 22 in england goes for 147 euro and thats $207. in germany a 26 kettle is 390 euro = $554
i wish we had access to copper here but i dont feel as abused after seeing what they have to pay for their grills over there.

Hey ALL,
SO its 2011 and loa nd behold, Target has an exclusive Copper Weber. I like it, others not so much.
It has black hadles that I haven't seen on any other Weber.
Time ot enjoy!
AJ

We don't get the copper ones down under either nowadays, they all seem to be black which is boring.
In fact, I don't think I've seen any other color kettle in the Weber stores other than black now but years ago, you used to be able to get all different colours. My last OTS was a 2 toned bronze and brown.
Our dollar is now over parity of the US dollar by about 3 cents (LOL) and still we are paying AU $299 for OTS, $449 for OTG, $699 for a 18.5 WSM and $799 for a Performer.We can't get the 26.5 kettle here nor can we get the 22.5 WSM because theres not enough market in it here.
Everyone wants a Gasser...lazy so & so's hehe

I don't know if Amazon will send a 22.5 WSM or a 26.5 kettle down here or not.

Cheers

Davo

I saw the Copper one in person today. IMO, it looks better in pictures. Kind of dull in person. Again, just my opinion.

I agree Luis,
The two copper kettles I have seen new at Target are a dull sort of flat brown almost ugly color. I wish they were the nice shiny mettalic copper I have seen on the Genesis line of gassers that I have seen at Lowe's. If they were I would probab;y have a new a kettle already. I also wish they would release a OTG in the new brick red color, so far only the platinum and the performer get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back