Cooking multiple briskets (3 or 4)

I need to cook at least three and maybe four whole packer briskets this weekend. Any suggestions for doing this many with one WSM (I do have a Weber kettle, too). I will be doing them high temp.

If it's only three briskets, I was thinking of trying to add another rack to the WSM, but if I need to do four . . . ?

Could I cook the first two to 175 on the WSM, wrap those two, and move them to the kettle to finish in the foil? Then put the second two in the WSM. The question then is can I hold the first two long enough to wait for the second two to finish.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

I don't know if this is an option but what I did once for a party on Sunday was cook a butt and brisket slow n low Saturday then wrap in foil then put in frig. Then Sunday morning 6 to 7 hours before the get together was high heat the other 2 briskets. Then take them wrapped in foil and in a cooler to keep warm. When I got there I placed the butt and brisket form Saturday in the oven.
Came out great... no leftovers

If it was me I would put the first 2 out on the smoker now and reheat later. When I do brisket I put the whole brisket out until the flat is done. I take off the brisket and seperate the point from the flat. I try to leave as much fat on the flat as possible. I foil both and rest the flat then put the point back on for another hour or 2. After resting the point I take a knife and get as much fat off the point I can and put in the foil with the flat.

When reheating the flat I put some water and maybe some apple juice in with the flat. I put on the grill foiled for about half an hour to 45 minutes to heat it up.

Well I now know that I need to do four briskets, (cooking for 100+ people) so it looks like I am going to try to do them serially. As such, are there any worries about keeping the first two briskets from over-cooking while keeping them hot double-wrapped and resting in a cooler?

Bill

Bill I wouldn't worry about it overcooking in a cooler. Drying out maybe. I would definately worry about being able to keep them warm.

If I understand correctly you are going to cook the first 2 take them off and start the 2 pair and keep the first pair warm during the whole cook. I haven't done a high temp cook yet but I believe you are still looking at an 8 hour cook. I have a restaraunt and I cannot let the internal on anything resting get below 135*. I can keep a flat above that for 2 hours max. Having 2 will help it keep longer though.

Back