Cooking Indoors with my 22.5

Dave M.

I made this home for my new 22.5 WSM. Originally I was just going to staple a few pieces of plywood to block the wind, but this works much nicer. On my first trial I had no problem holding 225F temp with my stoker w/5cfm fan for 24 hours on 3/4 bag of Rancher charcoal. It wasn't cold, but there was a decent breeze overnight. Even though the box is vented, it was toasty warm inside. I was planning on insulating it, but now I'm having second thoughts.

The best part is that my Stoker would lock up in cold weather, and now that problem is solved.

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03070.jpg

Great Idea! When I cooked on an ECB IN cold and windy conditions I used a 55 gal. drum that had both heads cut out,just slipped it over the top.

<span class="ev_code_PINK">Dave, just love what you've done with the place</span>
icon_biggrin.gif
and you've chosen my favourite <span class="ev_code_GREEN">colour</span> too!
icon_wink.gif

Seriously, nice work!

Well, I did my inaugural cook on the 22.5 - 8 boneless butts (61 lbs.)! 22 hours and 25 lbs. of Kingsford later, the cook went without a hitch, even through the wind and rain. Sorry I don't have any pictures; the pull party included beer!

Back