Cooking for two on a four burner grill

On my Gen A I use the rack pretty much for only heating burger rolls, otherwise I'd toss mine too! Even though I only have 2 E/W burners I always heat up with both on to get grates hot and then clean before use. Now that I just picked up a Pitboss 2 burner griddle though, the burgers are getting competition for cooking space. Smash burgers great on it!

No, I totally understand why a lot of people would rather not deal with it. It can get in the way when I'm trying to get something off the grill and it slides back under that rack. It may be just the way that I use my grill that I find it useful. I pretty much cook everything using the indirect method, so I put everything in the middle of the grill left to right with that burner off. That rack effectively doubles my cooking space because everything cooking on it is far enough away from the heat that flare ups or grease fires rarely occur. You would think that with two rows of flavorizer bars and with keeping the grill clean that I wouldn't have flare ups, but I still do when I'm cooking burgers or chicken thighs for example.
See my dilemma 😂

I started with the warming rack off, on the floor not to be thought about again.. then brought a cast iron skillet in and sausages to cook at the same time. All on the middle burner at lowest to make sure they cooked and not burnt.

Then the warming rack came back out to put my potatoes and veg on while I cooked my burgers..

It could possibly have been better planned by me, but I am going to keep it about but never start with it on the grill haha

Back