Cookbox Black Paint

John, I guess I would go buy a new can and then return the old one on the new receipt a couple days later.
Hi I am no angel but that is kind of a dick move. If the store puts it back on the shelf then you are passing your problem on to some new buyer who either will not know what is wrong or best case now needs to go try to get their money back too. Either deal with the issue directly by telling the store you have a problem with the paint or just accept that maybe you need to shake it more or something but don't pass your problem to the next guy just to save a few bucks

Hi I am no angel but that is kind of a dick move. If the store puts it back on the shelf then you are passing your problem on to some new buyer who either will not know what is wrong or best case now needs to go try to get their money back too. Either deal with the issue directly by telling the store you have a problem with the paint or just accept that maybe you need to shake it more or something but don't pass your problem to the next guy just to save a few bucks
Chris, I didn't mean to return it to the store and pretend that there was nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't do that either. I go to Home Depot all the time and buy a few things that I know I'm going to be using later on and then just toss the receipt. Now comes the day I use something only to find that it's defective and I need a receipt to return something to Home Depot because they are trying to cut down on fraud. I can understand that part, you should save the receipt just in case. I now have my debit card and Home Depot card linked to their App, which automatically keeps my receipts for me. Now, John honestly thought he had a bad can of paint and I'm not going to tell a grown man he doesn't know how to use one properly. What I suggested for him to do was only meant as a way to return a defective product, not to pull a fast one on the store.

Yep, I have done that before as well. When he returned the paint, they could tell it had been used....believe me, they check. They would not take the paint back unless he admitted he used it and expressed why he was bringing it back for a refund. So, in my case, I would have simply told them it was not spraying correctly at which time they would take it back, make the refund and then dispose of the can or send it back to the supplier. They would not put it back on the shelf for some other poor sap to grab and take home.

Back