Cook Earnings Report

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Not sure this thread should not be in just conversation if so Chris please move it. Traeger like Weber actually worse than Weber reported after the bell and the results were awful. Guiding down for 2022 stock down 17% as we speak. Weber was down as much as 5 but now down around 3.88 this is after hours. I don't short stocks but shorting Traeger after the Weber report was easy money and I sincerely hope nobody bought either one of these probably the 2 worst IPO's in the last year for sure.

So this is kind of geared to the pellet grills taking over the world which still might happen but not in the near future. Traeger for the second qtr in a row because they raised prices increased sales but sold less units. They are the market leader but its certainly possible that Pit Boss, Z grills and others have bitten into their sales with lower prices so maybe they grew don't know but here is the takeaway from both those earnings reports yup you can produce stuff cheaper in China and that worked well for years but the freight costs have doubled and in some cases tripled to bring containers back to the US killing the profit not only pellet grills whatever you produce over there.

Weber to me although would not touch that stock either is in a much better position cause they don't live and die by the Smokefire the diversity of their product line helps them.

Not sure this thread should not be in just conversation if so Chris please move it. Traeger like Weber actually worse than Weber reported after the bell and the results were awful. Guiding down for 2022 stock down 17% as we speak. Weber was down as much as 5 but now down around 3.88 this is after hours. I don't short stocks but shorting Traeger after the Weber report was easy money and I sincerely hope nobody bought either one of these probably the 2 worst IPO's in the last year for sure.

So this is kind of geared to the pellet grills taking over the world which still might happen but not in the near future. Traeger for the second qtr in a row because they raised prices increased sales but sold less units. They are the market leader but its certainly possible that Pit Boss, Z grills and others have bitten into their sales with lower prices so maybe they grew don't know but here is the takeaway from both those earnings reports yup you can produce stuff cheaper in China and that worked well for years but the freight costs have doubled and in some cases tripled to bring containers back to the US killing the profit not only pellet grills whatever you produce over there.

Weber to me although would not touch that stock either is in a much better position cause they don't live and die by the Smokefire the diversity of their product line helps them.
agree with some of you perspective. weber is substantially more diversified and has international manufacturing to deliver products around the globe. and i don't think pellets is revolution, just some evolution. and HD carries a lot of those Z Grills (very inexpensive) and IMO, most buyers of pellet poopers are buying a trend and will happily dispose of their grill when the time comes.

weber has a graduating product line from entry level to overpriced gassers and same for coal, though i don't think the WSC are overpriced like the Summit gassers are.

weber is the gorilla and COOK seeks to get bigger. but how? i think COOK's being cannibalized at the bottom market and the top of the market can only go so far.

my money is on weber as the better stock if someone wants to buy. we're in a very strange time. shipping costs are ridiculous and inflation is at near all time high levels. the "correction" will force a recession, but how long will it last and how deep will it go?

Neither one is a buy down here very slim margins the container costs might moderate but who knows. The pandemic spike in sales allowed both of the equity groups to get out Weber wanted to sell more shares but they could not I think the private equity groups are still there in both companies have not looked but that was probably the peak sales with profits that either company might see for awhile if ever I agree you can try to keep raising prices to cover the costs but sooner or later you will have to pay the price in sales.

Neither one is a buy down here very slim margins the container costs might moderate but who knows. The pandemic spike in sales allowed both of the equity groups to get out Weber wanted to sell more shares but they could not I think the private equity groups are still there in both companies have not looked but that was probably the peak sales with profits that either company might see for awhile if ever I agree you can try to keep raising prices to cover the costs but sooner or later you will have to pay the price in sales.
yup, true inflation at work. something has to break. and something will break. it always does.

Back