Convert Swiss Weber Propane gas grill to Canadian Propane tank connection?

MarkusG

Hi there, I moved a Swiss Weber Grill to Canada (see attached pictures). However, Swiss and Canadian Propane gas tank connections and hoses are different. Is there anyway to convert my Swiss Weber Grill to the Canadian standard. The problem is that the connection nuts have a different size and I think that they are also threaded in opposite directions, so not sure whether an appropriate adaptor even exists... just thought someone on here might have some advice. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-04-24 15.36.22.jpg
    2018-04-24 15.36.22.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 3
  • 2021-09-05 14.21.03.jpg
    2021-09-05 14.21.03.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 3
An idea I had is to visit a local RV shop, one that recertifies propane tanks, and does installs and repairs on RVs and trailers etc. I'm guessing they'll have all the knowledge and fittings to set it up for you.

An idea I had is to visit a local RV shop, one that recertifies propane tanks, and does installs and repairs on RVs and trailers etc. I'm guessing they'll have all the knowledge and fittings to set it up for you.
Thanks DanHoo! I haven't thought of that. If they have the right fittings/adaptors for the Swiss version for me to do this myself, then great. If I have to get it done 'professionally' for safety reasons by someone else, then I might as well just by a new BBQ....I'll keep you posted!

It might be really straight forward. If you can find a shop that has a few drawers full of adapters, it might be not be that much $$$

good luck

Hi there, I moved a Swiss Weber Grill to Canada (see attached pictures). However, Swiss and Canadian Propane gas tank connections and hoses are different. Is there anyway to convert my Swiss Weber Grill to the Canadian standard. The problem is that the connection nuts have a different size and I think that they are also threaded in opposite directions, so not sure whether an appropriate adaptor even exists... just thought someone on here might have some advice. Thanks!

Have you tried a decent BBQ shop? They sell numerous type of propane/natural gas cables with different fittings...

Back