Convert Silver B into flat grill

Brian Trommater

TVWBB Super Fan
Since I have the Weber E-410 now I am thinking of converting my Silver B into a flat top grill. What be be my best option to replace grill grates with flat top?

Well one thing you have to ask yourself is how much heat does Weber in the original design need to escape so the grill will not "melt" down. My guess is if you got a big piece of heavy steel cut to fit will the grill vent well enough. My guess is it will not.

Guess I should just find a new home for it. It is old but still a great grill! I tried using a griddle like I did on my old grill for smash burgers and did not seem to work as good. I am still on a learning curve with new grill.

Just get a griddle top made for a gas grill. I have a spare blackstone 17” griddle top on my old genesis that works quite well. I like having a lid for the griddle as it keeps convection in play. Choose one that doesn’t cover the whole cooking area as recommended above so you don’t block the heat flow completely.

Found a Large HEAVY DUTY 19.75 x 13 inch Stainless Steel Griddle BBQ, Stove Fire pit Top for $55. Maybe that would work. Will have to check grill size when get home.

There is a cat with a few you tube vids, I think grill masters or something.

You send him measurements of your grill and he makes a flat top for ya. Don't know pricing.

Griddlemasters is the name I believe.

Last edited:

Back