Convert LP to NG

Conversion Completed

Just kidding. Didn't install yet. The parts should be there when I get home tonight. Hoping to get to it this weekend.

Well, here we are months later... I finally burned through my last 2 propane tanks so it was time to do the conversion. Everything was pretty straight forward except one of the manifold bolts broke. That wasn't fun. I tried an extractor/easy-out with no luck. Eventually, I just drilled it out.

I didn't lose my eyebrows, just some arm hair while adjusting with the air shutters.

There's some misinformation on YouTube from "jason broderick" (grill-repair.com). It's the first how-to video that comes up on all Weber conversion searches. I know he means well but he's showing you how to do it on a brand new grill. Those burner bolts in the back will snap and break the housing they're in if the grill has ever been used. As discussed in the the thread I had to remove the front control panel and manifold to get the valves out to replace orfices.

kMIjJCf.jpg

NAARgM3.jpg

XvqXLfH.jpg

jimQ99J.jpg

Bx6KQ7V.jpg

doZtILF.jpg

Kmt5ViK.jpg

So, did you get it fired up and running good?

I did! Thanks for the help, everyone.

I adjusted the air shutters and have a nice 1" blue flame on all burners. I don't have to worry about lugging LP tanks around for a long time. I also want to run a portable NG fire pit off of this line in the fall. I originally wanted to tee off the connection for each (fire pit and grill) but I highly doubt I'll be using both at the same time.

This forum is very informative. I have a couple of questions if anyone is still around. I have a Genesis E330 LP with the front controls and the tank underneath. I bought a "conversion kit" online which consisted of a Kenmore regulator and new orefices. I find that the grill does not get as hot as it used to and the burners are more difficult to light. I've poked around in this forum and it would appear that I need wider openings. According to what I have found I have 3 12,666 btu burners, 1 10,000 btu sear station burner, and 1 12,000 btu side burner. The regulator output is 4 inches water column. When I look at the Anderson and Forrester conversion chart it would appear the orefices should be size 51 for the main and side burners and 53 for the sear station. I was sent size 54 and 53 orefices. I have attached a picture of the label of the regulator which shows 53 and 52 for 12,000 btu burners. Which should I believe? Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• regulator.jpg
    regulator.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 3
Mark: Contact LMichaels (Larry) about this. He will probably be able to answer your questions. He will probably even see this post and weigh in anyway.

Chris really needs to make this issue a "sticky". There are so many internet "hacks" out there selling items (kits) that verge on making things downright dangerous.

Back