Control panel for my fat frame Genesis Gold.

MarkCuda

TVWBB Fan
The four digit number in the lower left corner is 8006.
My panel is sun faded real bad, I would like one that's not faded at all, let me know what you got.

The one I have for use as the Engraved 304 on “Bluey Lewy” might be available after the new one is cut but, that’s in the hands of one of my “steel people” right now. I’ll let you know when I have it back.

@MarkCuda the 8006 panel is common across almost all Genesis 1000/2000/3000 and some other grills like an early Genesis Platinum.

There are some earlier control panels without a number in the lower left corner that will fit, but they have slightly different graphics on them.

I don't know what year the 8006 version came out. I have a Genesis 3 that's either a 1990 or maybe a 1991 model that predates the 8006.

The four digit number does not have to mach my 8006 number.
I'm looking for a panel that just doesn't have any sun fade.

The 8006 that I have is pretty good, it’s being used as a pattern for a crazy project and not in hand.
Don’t worry about confusion thats pretty much my full time resident state!

Timothy, when I read your post, I didn't recognize anything you were saying 😁
Thanks for posting.
I am doing a “resto mod” making a new 304 SS frame and “upgrading” or otherwise doing some crazy modifying of what is a perfectly fine design but, this is a project with my nephew.
There is a thread titled “The Project has begun” which outlines the thing.
The firebox is pretty much done but, the full frame with some silly but, should be cool modifications like CNC engraved tank scale, laser engraved control panel, baby moon hubcaps, custom side tables, custom scotch dispenser, (not really). Electropolished frame… maybe under panel lighting?
Just doing some crazy modifications to a well designed piece of equipment but, the old frame was getting rough. So, why not rebuild something over the top, so, I can give it to me nephew when I kick the bucket.
Firebox,

IMG_1043.jpeg

There is also a nice 8060 panel from a 5000 on eBay for even more $$

Back