Control panel 8xxx- number meaning?

Brant

Hi all, pleasure to be part of such a friendly, knowledgeable group. What do the 4 digit numbers on the lower left control panel mean/designate? Are these numbers model specific?

Attachments

• 49343F63-C65C-41B2-8B77-55F6F94934E5.jpeg
    49343F63-C65C-41B2-8B77-55F6F94934E5.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 13
I would say yes and no. Weber made some changes in the control panel over the years, so I believe there are more than one model (4 digit code) for both the Genesis 1-5/x000 grills as well as for the Silver B/Gold. Control panels do NOT interchange between the 1-5/x000 grills and the later Silver/Gold.

8006 is common for Genesis x000.

Older than that had no number. I have a Genesis 3 that's roughly a 1990 model that does not have a number.

8006 is a different valve spacing than 81xx control panels.

Genesis Silver and gold B/C are in the 81xx range. I've seen a couple of different styles of the printing, but all the 81xx are the same spacing.

Thanks Jon, great info. In your opinion, how difficult will it be to replace my (above pictured) 8006 panel? Was told it’s a 1997 -redhead 1000. I unfortunately dropped something and chipped up one of the edges. Would like to keep this grill close to original.

8006 is common for Genesis x000.

Older than that had no number. I have a Genesis 3 that's roughly a 1990 model that does not have a number.

8006 is a different valve spacing than 81xx control panels.

Genesis Silver and gold B/C are in the 81xx range. I've seen a couple of different styles of the printing, but all the 81xx are the same spacing.
Excellent info DanHoo. Thank you, just need to track the right one down now.

Interestingly, 8006 isn't the Weber part# for that panel. It was probably meant more to differentiate between different versions. I was able to find a brand new control panel on ebay a couple years ago by knowing the correct parts #, which is 10360. I still see these pop up on ebay, though used, regularly. It's a good place to find one besides going out and getting another grill just for that part.

Interestingly, 8006 isn't the Weber part# for that panel. It was probably meant more to differentiate between different versions. I was able to find a brand new control panel on ebay a couple years ago by knowing the correct parts #, which is 10360. I still see these pop up on ebay, though used, regularly. It's a good place to find one besides going out and getting another grill just for that part.
Thank you for the reply Steve. I will start here.

Back