Control Knob Repair on Genesis E330

Kelly C

TVWBB Pro
Does anyone have advice on how to repair a valve on this model where it turns freely and does not allow gas to flow to the burner? Do I need to replace the valve or do something else?

I would suggest taking it apart and posting some pictures. Or check with Weber first to see if it is under warranty.

Thanks for the information but the valve is not seized or needing to be lubricated.
I would suggest taking it apart and posting some pictures. Or check with Weber first to see if it is under warranty.
I took it apart and found a broken piece of the valve (see pic). Called Weber and they sell the whole manifold and valves attached for $100…which is a lot more than I want to pay. Does anyone know of another parts source who may sell individual valves or does someone have a parts grill?
EA0554F8-BACA-4A1B-8614-F52356E7C797.jpeg

Can you post a picture of the entire valve? I have 2 with a manifold off a Spirit with 2 valves. If they match you could have 1

Mine are different #s. I wonder if they actually mean anything, if so what?

Attachments

• 20211105_150305.jpg
    20211105_150305.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211105_150318.jpg
    20211105_150318.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 8
I would not go too much by stuff stamped on the valves. They could very well be made to the exact same specs, but just sourced from two different manufacturers.

I would not go too much by stuff stamped on the valves. They could very well be made to the exact same specs, but just sourced from two different manufacturers.
At times like this, I think, what could possibly go wrong? And I know that Murphy was an optimist.

The valves for manifolds, if I remember correctly, are the one thing that was always a bit of a wild card. The old Genesis models were unpredictable some had “fixed” high medium low and some were “continuously variable” and the valve type never really matched up with particular years. That is the one part that is not easily sourced and seldom interchangeable. Best chance is probably to look for a used manifold or a cheaper used whole grill to avoid getting a new manifold. I have had luck on the forum obtaining a NG manifold for my gas conversion so don’t give up people often swap entire manifolds to do a fuel source conversion.

Edit: make sure you get the right valve for the right fuel

Back