Considering picking up a gasser.....

In 5 years the Charbroil will be close to ready for the dump and the Weber will still be like new. Been there, done that.

As Jeff said and I will add you will be able to will the Genny to your kids when you pass they are built that good and strong minor care and they will last for ever plus in twenty years they will still have parts on the self for it. Not many other grill companies can say that.

I can't agree more with the previous posts. I did all sorts of research...or so I thought (Ie consumer Reports) and bought a Charbroil. It was recomneded as a best buy, and had a lifetime warrenty on the burners. Compared to the other grills in the same class, I guess it was ok. After 5 years, although the burners lasted everything else rusted out around them. I was tired of buying grills everyfew years, and decided to go with a Genny EP 330.

What a difference! These grills are in a complety different class than typical grills you find at the store. They are built solid. The double walled hood really keeps the heat in. The searing burner really throughs some heat. The SS grates are a dream. In the long run, the Genisis is a much better deal than the run of the mill grilll, a better investment, and you'll enjoy cooking on it and really turn out better food.

thanks everyone for their opinion. do you guys put a cover on your genesis? just wondering how it looks after a few years in the elements (not many elements here in so cal though). i have a charcoal weber and a smoker, so the gasser would pretty much be for during the week during the summer months.

I keep a cover on mine during the winter months because it doesn't get used as much plus so not to have to fight the snow and ice(a problem you won't have) when I want to use it. During the summer it rarely gets covered because it always being used.:cool: My Genesis EP-330 is 3yrs old and still looks new when cleaned up.

Back