Congratulations to me, I just got my Digi Q DX2

Andre A

TVWBB Member
I picked it up yesterday from Dizzy Pig in Manassas, Va. I'm going to hook it up today and give it a psuedo test run. Wish me luck.

Best

You're going to love it. I'm just getting used to having an ATC, and cooks are SO much easier with it. I no longer feel like I need to keep a close eye on grate temps to make sure that the smoker stays locked in.

I would love to hear more about you using the Digi Q DX2. I plan on getting one as well and want to get as much information about the transition to using an ATC.

No worries, I'll be sure to keep you posted. I promise to revisit this thread after my first cook. However, I dp not plan to cook until Memorial Day. I can say this for sure, I am excited about it. Only people on this board can understand the constant back and forth of changing the vent settings to keep the right temperature. I can not wait to set it and forget it.

Yep! It is VERY nice to set it, forget it, and devote that brain space/attention bandwidth to other things. I'm using the CyberQ which is basically the wifi cousin of the DigiQ, and I'm very happy with it. If I knew then what I know now, I would have made the jump to ATC sooner.

What exactly is the point of having one with a weber? I can set my wsm and not have to touch a vent for 12 hours although I check it hourly I don't see the point

My wsm's are good at locking in on a temp for hours at a time, but after a few hours they usually start to stray, and any time that I need to lift the lid for things like foiling, they usually lock back in at a temperature that is higher than I would prefer. Also, I cannot remember an overnight cook in which I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night or in the wee hours of the morning to make adjustments.

Last two 12 hour butt cooks I did I got up twice during night and no adjustment needed and stayed that way til almost the very end when it was getting low on fuel there pretty much maintenance free

Back