Combined 22 wsm and 26 kettle

AlfonzoW

TVWBB Member
Been wanting to do this for years every since I saw it in one of my facebook groups. Cooks just like normal but with added grate space at the top. Did the brisket last night but took it off at 7 hours and put it in the fridge will finish it off in the oven for dinner tonight. 20200321_191747.jpg20200321_191513.jpg20200321_214255.jpg20200328_211145.jpg

Since the kettle is fastened to the smoker you can no longer put the lower 2 racks in the smoker? Or are they removed in the pick just because of the hanging ribs? To me, the added capacity is a big bonus. Besides that this idea is really brilliant now I need to find and old kettle.

The charcoal grate for the kettle is now the top rack for the wsm portion (kettle charcoal grate is 22inchs). I had to cut the top tabs on the straps that hold the top rack in the wsm for the kettle to sit correctly on the wsm barrel. I haven't tried yet but the bottom grate in the wsm is slight smaller than the top so it should fit fine.

Also I can't take credit for the setup. Eric palmore, brian Moriarty, and Larry beercan Fischer have been doing this for years with different size drums, kettles, and wsm.

That's pretty awesome. Personally, if I ever acquired a 26 I don't think I'd ever have the guts to cut it for something like this, but props for doing it. lol

I could definitely see an 18/22 be done.

That's pretty awesome. Personally, if I ever acquired a 26 I don't think I'd ever have the guts to cut it for something like this, but props for doing it. lol

I could definitely see an 18/22 be done.

This is my second 26 I sold the first but always wanted to do this setup. Honestly you lose very little when you do this. Can still grill and use all the accessories that work with the 22 and 26. I have a slow n sear and vortex I plan to still use. Only down side probably is mobility since you have no wheels and that can be added also.

Back