COLOR

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Sorry Chris, I may be the only one to say this, but I don't like the color. It is very hard for me to see. And as the members get older, it will be hard for them to see also. This place is nowhere as nice as our old home.

Almost 400 visitors, wish there was someway to get their opinion.

Last edited:
To which color are you referring? On my display the banner seems the same to me, the posts are black text on a white field, and there is a light gray everywhere else.

I was referring to all the blue shades. Thanks for pointing that out. Now that you mention it, I don't like the light grey either. lol

To the extent possible, I'm trying to use this new software as-is without making too many adjustments. It's easier to run and maintain that way. The only changes I've made are to the top and bottom of pages so that it looks similar to the old site.

Colors can be a personal preference. You like some colors, you don't like others. There's no pleasing everybody. However, when it comes to readability, that's a different subject and one that I take quite seriously. I ran a few of the color combinations through an accessibility checker website and there are some combinations of the thin blue text or small gray text on gray background or pale blue background that fail the contrast check.

I will do some checking with the software maker to see what they say about contrast. But for now, it stays like it is.

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with the colors per se, but the text size seemed a little small for the bifocals. I did a work around in Google Chrome by increasing the size to 125% for TVWBB. Everything is good to go.....

To the extent possible, I'm trying to use this new software as-is without making too many adjustments. It's easier to run and maintain that way. The only changes I've made are to the top and bottom of pages so that it looks similar to the old site.

Colors can be a personal preference. You like some colors, you don't like others. There's no pleasing everybody. However, when it comes to readability, that's a different subject and one that I take quite seriously. I ran a few of the color combinations through an accessibility checker website and there are some combinations of the thin blue text or small gray text on gray background or pale blue background that fail the contrast check.

I will do some checking with the software maker to see what they say about contrast. But for now, it stays like it is.
Thanks for looking into it. I don't expect you to change the colors just for me. I thought if there were others having same problem, my post might encourage them to speak up.

Oddly I have found the text size and font quite a bit larger and more easily read on the new product using my old fav Firefox. Pretty much the only browser I use because it's the only one that still has the title/menu bar. I get sick and tired of trying to figure out the stupid icons in Chrome and Edge

Back