Coffee Wood?

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I saw an ad for coffee wood and wondered if anyone here had used any.
What would you compare it with? Thanks.

Coffee flavor is popping up everywhere from sauce ingredients to expresso rubs. Coffee soaked wood chips would not surprise me. Has anyone soaked wood chips in something other than water?

The ad was for wood from coffee trees, but your coffee soaked wood chips might be interesting to try too.
Gonna have to try that today.

I'm watching Diners, Drive-ins & Dives right now and one of the restaurants, Gatsby's, was shown using coffee beans along with wood for smoking pork chops in an ECB. From their menu:

Center Cut Pork Chop Bone-in chop, brined in vanilla bean then coffee bean smoked, served with seasonal veggies & our house made potato salad. $16.89

Sounds fantastic!

Last edited:
Interesting how they smoked the chop with the coffee beans and then finished it on an indoor grill. Thanks Jim.

I'm watching Diners, Drive-ins & Dives right now and one of the restaurants, Gatsby's, was shown using coffee beans along with wood for smoking pork chops in an ECB. From their menu:

Center Cut Pork Chop Bone-in chop, brined in vanilla bean then coffee bean smoked, served with seasonal veggies & our house made potato salad. $16.89

Sounds fantastic!

I can attest to pork and vanilla working BTW, I did a vanilla apple stuffed chop and it was great. I can imagine how good the vanilla notes would be if coffee wood really does offer some kind of smokey coffee-ish flavor.

Back