Cobb grill and smoker

Rob T

Has anyone ever heard of the Cobb smoker/ grill?

I saw one on Ebay and was wondering if anyone has one and how well it works. It's small, but it might be a good fit for a quick smoke.

Thanks.
Rob

I bought one to use on my narrow boat. It worked brilliantly - but was such a pain to clean up after that I sold it on eBay and bought a Weber go anywhere (is that the name? rectangular grill - excellent).

The Cobb is like a little oven and does do what it claims - 2+ hours cooking using 6 briquettes, cooked very well - but cleaning uses far too much time / water to be practical for me.

Hi Rob.

I have a cobb and as Andrew says it is a pain to clean so I have found I use it allot for doing stuff like roast chicken, food that can be done in a foil wrap, basically no cleaning up after the cook. Salmon in a foil wrap with veg is great. And again if your not needing it for a boat where the base stays cool then the go anywhere rectangular grill is a better choice for grilling. By using both together you can actually cook a decent amount of food. The other thing about the Cobb which is great are the cobb stones that light in minutes which are particularly good when your wanting breakfast on a camping trip. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Alan

Back