Cleaning the table on the Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

M. Chesney

TVWBB Fan
Anyone have any tried and true cleaning ideas for the Performer table? I've noticed that the texture absorbs grease and although I get the surface clean the stains remain. Wish they kept the stainless steel design.

Thanks,

Mike

Try some Oxy-bleach. We use that on composite decking to lift the grease stains out.

Tim

I use Greased Lightning and after applying I let it soak in for about 30 minutes.After rinsing if it's still there I soak it again, and that usually takes care of the stain.

I think the performer is a great grill.
The SS tables are great. The plastic tables are harder to keep clean, but are modern.
If used properly, no one shuold have a problem.
Unfortunately, many are abused due to poor use.
But that can be said about every consumer product made.
Weber makes a great product. My gripe is with all that procelain and aluminum, why use steel that rusts? They know its an outdoor item, right?
I don't know why the vent rivets aren't aluminum? You would think they learned how these rust to no end. My 2 sense.
OK, back to your regularly scheduled debate.

I've had a 50# bag pecan shells on mine and it didn't crack. Set it on there pretty hard too. I wan't thinking about cracks, when I set it on there.

I clean mine with armor all spray cleaner that you use for your car. It works pretty good.

I use Krud Kutter on mine.
Not sure where my wife bought it, but it works really well.

Once clean, water rinsed and dried, I apply some food grade mineral oil to the entire table.
It may take a few good wipe downs with a soft cloth to get most of the oil removed.
But then it stays looking like new for a few months.
Water beads up, and grease stains seem to be less.

My Performer is about 10 years old, and seldom gets covered since I use it so much.
While the SS model may be more substantial, I much prefer the Thermoset.
The table is large, hot cast iron skillets etc. have no effect on it, and the charcoal bin swings out.

I find the tables get dirty and are hard to clean, so I've started putting a layer of foil on the table. When it gets dirty I change it out.

For the side tables on my Weber Q. I put them in the dishwasher and that gets them nice and clean.

Bill

I picked up a tip a while back here about the thermoset tables/shelves.. mineral oil.

The oil has brought the shelf and swing ups back to life on an older Summit B I picked up. They were almost brittle from the cleaning and weather before I applied it. The oil does seem to penetrate and make the surface much more stain resistant. Just wipe it down few times after you put it on.

Sorry Bob I blew right past this post mentioning the mineral oil. Credit to Bob also in the thead I linked.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
I use Krud Kutter on mine.
Not sure where my wife bought it, but it works really well.

Once clean, water rinsed and dried, I apply some food grade mineral oil to the entire table.
It may take a few good wipe downs with a soft cloth to get most of the oil removed.
But then it stays looking like new for a few months.
Water beads up, and grease stains seem to be less.

My Performer is about 10 years old, and seldom gets covered since I use it so much.
While the SS model may be more substantial, I much prefer the Thermoset.
The table is large, hot cast iron skillets etc. have no effect on it, and the charcoal bin swings out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try avon bubble bath,you will be amazed Iuse it on my trailor for the black that formes on the siding and on my performer as well and they clean up excellent.

Dawn Power Dissolver and non abrasive pad of choice typically. Otherwise a quick wipe with some alcohol for just a touch up.

my table is disgusting.
i accidently left a bowl of bacon grease outside on it, some rain filled the bowl and covered the table in grease.

now the whole surface is sticky and nasty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Purnell:
I use the Magic Eraser, works on the table nicely. Also cleans the outside of the lid beautifully too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Def. try the magic eraser. I use these on mine and it gets the table looking like new again in no time. Make sure you get the majority of the grime off first though, the eraser will last longer that way, at least it seems to for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back