Cleaning apple juice spray bottle

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey,

Wife resisting me using a spray bottle for apple juice, she thinks the straw's gonna get gunky and be hard to clean. Is she right?

Sounds like spraying with apple juice is a pretty common thing, e.g. for preventing drying out with reheating.

Can't complain though, she's really enjoying the smoked meat. She's fully supporting all other BBQ-related purchases--e.g., just ordered the Foodsaver 1050 from Amazon. Decided to go refurbished, getting it for $80 instead of $160. Will inform if satisfied.

BTW I cooked the Soy Glazed Flank Steak from Smoke & Spice this morning, and it was like heaven!

--Tom

Tom, you should know by now, the wife is always right! If you leave the apple juice sitting in there, it will get gunky (and will grow black mold in the straw if you leave it in long enough). When you're done, take out the apple juice, put some water in the bottle and spray the water to clean out the straw/sprayer.

Us Toms have to stick together.

Tom O,

On better spray bottles, the straw can be removed from the head for thorough cleaning. I found one at the hardware store for just a couple of bucks.

Regards,
Chris

I just do what Tom said. Even try putting a little hot soap and water in the bottle, and squirting that through, then follow with water for a rinse.

Thanks, guys!

My wife's convinced, although she suggests a dilute bleach solution for the occasional thorough cleaning (thinks the plastic would pick up the soap flavor if we tried Rob's suggestion).

The spray bottle will pretty much round out my BBQ collection. Well, except maybe I'll want rib racks, and then maybe a bigger cutting board, and then....

--Tom

Tom, FWIW I've never noticed that it picks up the soap flavor as long as you rinse it well with water. Same goes for my plastic plates, cups, etc. (but if it did, I'd prefer the taste of soap to BLEACH /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif )

Good luck! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back