Cleaning a Weber Performer SS

PSchiller

TVWBB Member
I recently purchased an older Performer SS on craigslist :) Got it for $40...

What could I use to clean the Stainless Steel table? Seems like soap and water isn't strong enough to clean it. I'm new here so I don't know how to post pictures...

0000 steel wool is a great place to start. As for posting pics, click on the "FAQ" button at the top of this page and you will find instructions for posting pics and other topics as well.

For the frame you can probably get away with simple green/dish soap and a scrubbing pad (the green things that are just the scrubby side of a sponge). Steel wool is fine too if you have a lot lying around.

I just finished a restore job on a SS Redhead performer I got a couple of months ago. I agree with the Bar Keepers Friend cleanser and 00 steel wool, but I would also add a razor scraper with replaceable blades. For the frame I used a product from Rustoleum called Recolor that did a great job. Here are a few pics of the finished product:

Frame and bowl:

IMG_20161014_144823647 by tspin818, on Flickr

Finished grill:

IMG_20161014_171224448 by tspin818, on Flickr

I just finished a restore job on a SS Redhead performer I got a couple of months ago. I agree with the Bar Keepers Friend cleanser and 00 steel wool, but I would also add a razor scraper with replaceable blades.

I think the OP was looking for ways to clean the SS portion... please do not use a razor blade on SS, the results will not be good.

Definitely don't want to use a razor scraper on the stainless, I was talking about the porcelain. I use good old Bar Keepers Friend and 00 steel wool for the stainless.

Back